- Q1. What is Kathune?
- Q2. How does Kathune know about my site?
- Q3. Can I tell Kathune not to read our data?
- Q4. Where did you get that name?
- Q5. What information may I use to identify Kathune as a robot on my forums?
Q1. What is Kathune?
Kathune is the spidering engine used by WoW Lemmings to parse guild recruitment data from public forums and consolidate it into a single stream of data, which is then used to populate the WoW Lemmings site and rss feeds.
Q2. How does Kathune know about my site?
Presently, there is a pre-set list of websites that Kathune knows about and spiders on a semi-regular basis, such as the Blizzard WoW Alliance and Horde recruitment forums, along with the Blizzard Europe WoW recruitment forums. Unlike classic web-spiders for search engines like Google or Yahoo!, Kathune is not smart enough to find new sites; it only reads guild recruitment posts from the sites it is told to, by the developer of WoW Lemmings.
Q3. Can I tell Kathune not to read our data?
Currently, you will have to send an email to shawn.a.holmes 'at' gmail.com in order to have your site removed. Future support to acknowledge/respect the Robots.txt file will work.
Q4. Where did you get that name?
Kathune is the phonetic spelling and proper pronounciation of C'thun, one of the Old Gods in World of Warcraft lore, as well as the final raid boss of The Temple of Ahn'Qiraj.
Q5. What information may I use to identify Kathune as a robot on my forums?
You may identify Kathune by the following information:
- Agent (USER_AGENT): Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; WoW Lemmings Kathune/2.0; http://www.wowlemmings.com/kathune.html)
- Source IP Address: 18.104.22.168